Emily is a natural-born planner and believes that forward-thinking is essential to prepare for the ups and downs in life. She believes that having a plan in place can protect us and our loved ones from unnecessary stress and heartache.
Emily’s experience working within the court system and seeing many worst-case scenarios allowed her to develop a passion for proactive problem-solving. Because of this experience, Emily practices in estate planning for individuals and families with emphasis on probate avoidance tactics and keeping the family out of court.
Emily provides flat-fee estate plans so that the families she works with feel comfortable reaching out for any questions or concerns well after the estate plan is signed. Emily believes in taking care of the families she works with in the same way she would take care of her own.
I chose Myatt & Bell because I wanted to work in a firm that emphasizes the importance of community and helping clients in preparing for the difficult transitions of life like incapacity as well as wealth and business succession events. As a Portland native, I care deeply about my community and I wanted the opportunity to help others living in this amazing place we all call home.
M&B understands that each family is different. Our approach is tailored to fit the needs of our clients so that they have comfort in knowing their families are taken care of should the worst happen.
M&B is different because of its belief in taking care of families. This belief extends to the staff and general office culture where every member of the Myatt & Bell team is encouraged to work hard while maintaining a balance between work and our personal lives. This culture fosters community involvement and deepens our commitment to family, friends, and clients.
- Oregon Estate Planning and Administration Section, Member
- American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys, Member
- Oregon State Bar, Member
- Oregon Women Lawyers Society (OWLS), Member
- Clackamas County Bar Association, Member
- Multnomah County Bar Association, Member
- Oregon Food Bank, Volunteer
- Willamette University College of Law, J.D.
- Willamette University Atkinson Graduate School of Management, M.B.A.
- Trinity University, B.S. Business Administration, Concentration in Marketing