Michael’s experience includes business formation, mergers and acquisitions, and other work at the intersection of business and estate planning. Michael enjoys serving as a trusted attorney for M&B clients by emphasizing one basic rule: Listen first, advise second, and prepare documents third.
Michael was born Ukraine prior to the collapse of the Soviet Union, and grew up in a family of engineers-turned-laborers (because of a language barrier and other unavoidable obstacles of immigration). Michael’s perspective on the American Dream is that achieving one’s goals requires intentional planning, an ability to understand and resolve conflicts, some brainpower and hustle, and some amount of luck. Having seen the results of the failed Soviet system, Michael has a unique appreciation for the value of intergenerational wealth: The ability to allocate our resources (such as time, money, talents, etc.) during our lifetime becomes much more fulfilling when we successfully pass on the fruits of our efforts to others.
Michael considers it a privilege to assist clients with their business succession needs, because every business succession case is a chance to plan for and mitigate against the destruction of value. Coming from an immigrant family, Michael is passionate about helping all clients access the language of law to build value for themselves and their families.
In addition to business succession, Michael’s practice includes general business law for closely-held and family businesses (including employment, intellectual property, and business governance issues), real estate, trust administration, commercial transactions and disputes, protective proceedings, and work for tax-exempt organizations such as churches, charities, and trade associations.
Michael understands every matter as an opportunity to make the client’s life easier. Michael enjoys listening to the client’s objectives, and analyzing how those objectives may be efficiently pursued within the legal contours that apply. After identifying the macro-level steps to pursue a goal, Michael brings an eye for detail and accuracy in accomplishing each step.
In his spare time, Michael enjoys yard work, fishing, and growing bonsai avocado trees.
I chose Myatt & Bell, P.C. to become part of a caring and professional team. Our clients’ loyalty to our firm goes back decades and generations. I am proud to be part of our team’s journey and dedication to making our clients’ lives easier and their goals a success.
The team-driven approach at Myatt & Bell, P.C. allows us to accomplish important work while also coming home to our families for evenings and weekends. The true work-life balance at our firm allows us to be congenial, relaxed, and thoughtful when working with our clients.
Business Law for Closely-Held and Family Businesses; Business Succession, Sales, and Acquisitions; Trust Administration; Commercial Transactions and Disputes; Advising Tax-Exempt Organizations including Churches, Charities, and Trade Associations.
- Selected by Super Lawyers™ – 2019 Rising Star – Business & Corporate Law
- Oregon State Bar (OSB), Member
- American Bar Association (ABA), Member
- U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon
- OSB Business Law Section, Member
- OSB Estate Planning & Administration Section, Member
- OSB Nonprofit Organizations Law Section, Member
- OSB Taxation Section, Member
- ABA Business Law Section, Member
- American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys, Member
- Volunteer Moot Court Judge
- Previous experience volunteering with the Cities of Beaverton and Newberg
- Former Fellow and Associate Editor with the Legal Information Institute (LII)
- University of California – Berkeley, B.A. in Political Science and Rhetoric (double-major), 2004
- Cornell Law School, J.D., 2009